All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionBritish national cinema has produced an exceptional track record of invative, creative and internationally recognised filmmakers, amongst them Alfred Hitchcock, Michael Powell and David Lean. This tradition continues today with the work of directors as diverse as Neil Jordan, Stephen Frears, Mike Leigh and Ken Loach. This concise, authoritative volume analyses critically the work of 100 British directors, from the invators of the silent period to contemporary auteurs. An introduction places the individual entries in context and examines the role and status of the director within British film production. Balancing academic rigour with accessibility, British Film Directors provides an indispensable reference source for film students at all levels, as well as for the general cinema enthusiast. Key features include: * A complete list of each director's British feature films. * Suggested further reading on each filmmaker. * A comprehensive career overview, including biographical information and an assessment of the director's current critical standing. * 10 B&W illustrations.
- Author BiographyRobert Shail is a Lecturer in Film Studies at the University of Wales Lampeter. As well as publishing work on stardom and gender in British films, he was a contributor to The Cinema of Michael Powell (eds. Christie and Moor) and to the British Film Institute's online guide to British cinema. He is General Editor of Edinburgh University Press's International Film Directors series.
- Author(s)Robert Shail
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.