CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionSince ancient times soldiers have been houred for gallantry in battle. Over the years and in different societies such hours have taken many forms byut since the 1850s specific acts of bravery 'in the face of the enemy' by British and Imperial forces have been recognised by the award of a range of wearable decorations. These provide a visible indication both of the bravery of the recipient and of its recognition by the government and nation.
- Author BiographyPeter Duckers has been a collector of British campaign and gallantry medals for thirty five years and now specialises in awards to the Indian Army. He is a Fellow of the Royal Numismatic Society, a member of the Orders and Medals Research Society, the Military Historical Society and the Indian Military Historical Society. He is Curator of the Shropshire Regimental Museum in Shrewsbury Castle.
- Author(s)Peter Duckers
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/09/2001
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleShire Album S.
- Series Part/Volume Number39
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.