CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by two transport experts, this comprehensive title outlines beautifully the history of British lorries since 1945, and has been reprinted due to popular demand. The British commercial motor vehicle manufacturing history stretches back more than 100 years, reaching its peak in the post - war era of the late 1940s to the 1960s. This was a period when the classic British manufacturers such as Leyland, Foden, Atkinson, Bedford, Thornycroft and Seddon dominated our roads and although long since disappeared are still fondly remembered today. British Lorries Since 1945 will be a highly illustrated compendium of British truck manufacturers of that period. Organised on a manufacturer by manufacturer basis, the authors informed history of each manufacturer is illustrated by a representative selection of the vehicles produced by each manufacturer.Authors David Hayward aned Michael Forbes, leading British road vehicle experts, have drawn upon extensive archives of photographs, including the Chris Hodge collection, which show the fascinating variety of British commercial vehicles built post-war This exciting new title will form reference book for all transport enthusiasts as well as appealing to those looking for some stalgia on these specific vehicles!
- Author BiographyMichael Forbes and David Hayward have published widely on a range of road transport subjects both in books and magazines, including Vintage Roadscene.
- Author(s)David Hayward,Michael Forbes
- PublisherCrecy Publishing
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationAddlestone
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIan Allan Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width208 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.