All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionBritish masterpieces of grand-style portraiture and landscape painting are explored in this volume. Portraits such as Thomas Gainsborough's Mrs. Richard Brinsley Sheridan, as well as pictures by George Romney and Sir Henry Raeburn, attest to the influence of Sir Anthony van Dyck's more sophisticated European style on artists of the period. John Constable's Wivenhoe Park, Essex and Joseph Mallord William Turner's Keelmen Heaving in Coals by Moonlight are some of the best examples of British art of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Author(s)John Hayes
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/1993
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date14/07/2000
- Content Note29 color, 224 b&w illus.
- Weight1999 g
- Width244 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.