All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I remember how excited I was when I saw my first diesel. I was waiting for the usual West Country Class to come through Hampden Park when a Class 33 arrived instead. It was the talk of all the trainspotters at the junior school.' Author Mick Hymans' excitement soon turned to resentment as diesels replaced his beloved steam engines. They became rarer and rarer until in 1968 they disappeared altogether. Today the diesel engine enjoys a vast following in its own right. Preserved railways w run 'diesel days', steam-free days, which prove to be some of the most popular events in their calendars. Covering the whole railway system from the rth of Scotland and Wales right down to Cornwall, British Rail Diesels presents a wide collection of photographs illustrating a lost world on the nation's railways.
- Author BiographyMick Hymans has driven buses for over 40 years. He is on the committee of Eastbourne Local History Society and has written on Eastbourne s local history as well as A History of Eastbourne Buses. He collects old amateur cine films and uses them to create DVDs.
- Author(s)Mick Hymans
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note230 black & white illustrations, 8 colour plates
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.03Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.