Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Doctor Who to Red Dwarf , Thunderbirds to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy , British science fiction shows have delighted audiences worldwide with their distinctive visions of the future. This pioneering book, written by leading writers in the field, gives for the first time a detailed national survey of this well-loved British TV genre. It provides in-depth analyses of these shows, as well as others including Blake's 7 , The Prisoner and Threads , showing too their value in illuminating wider aspects of our recent social and cultural history. It also features a contribution by the biographer of the late Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy , as well as an exclusive published interview with Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson. Designed to appeal to students and fans alike, British Science Fiction Television offers a thought-provoking and accessible read for those interested in science fiction, television history and their respective relationships to wider media, culture and society.
- Author BiographyJohn Cook is Senior Lecturer in Mass Media, Glasgow Caledonian University, author of 'Dennis Potter: A Life on Screen'. Peter Wright is Senior Lecturer in Literature and Film Studies, Edge Hill College of Higher Education, author of 'Attending Daedalus: Gene Wolfe, Artifice and the Reader'.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitlePopular TV Genres
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 b/w halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJohn R. Cook,Peter Wright
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.