All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionMuch has been written about the colonists who took up arms during the American Revolution; far less literature has been devoted to the British Redcoats. Those sent to America in defense of their government's policies were career soldiers who enlisted voluntarily. They came from all walks of British life and statistics show that most were hardworking men who had chosen the military over other occupations. Very few of these soldiers left writings from which we can learn their motives and experiences. British Soldiers, American War is the first collection of personal narratives by British common soldiers ever assembled and published. To ccompany each narrative, the author provides a contextualizing essay giving background on the soldier and his military service, while specially commissioned illustrations depict each soldier as he may have appeared at the time.
- Author BiographyDON N. HAGIST is author of three books and numerous articles on the British experience in the American Revolution, focusing on the lives of the common soldiers. He is an engineer by profession and lives in Rhode Island.
- Author(s)Don N. Hagist
- PublisherWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationYardley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Content Note20 b/w
- Weight567 g
- Width230 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.