All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis detailed and comprehensive survey charts the entire history of British studio ceramics from the emergence of modern ceramics from the Victorian factories around 1900 to the wide variety of extraordinary work being produced in the 21st century. All the best-kwn potters such as Leach, Hamada, Cardew, Rie and Coper, to name a few, are examined in-depth in terms of their different areas of interest and influence. An extensive appendix gives information on 200 leading makers with their identifying marks and cross-references with a list of museums where their work can be seen. Illustrated throughout with colour photographs, this is a book for the collector needing in-depth information or for those who just want an introduction to this subject.
- Author BiographyPaul Rice, a native New Yorker, has lived in London since 1970. Introduced to studio ceramics by the painter, Patrick Heron, he began collecting in the 1970s and in 1979 opened a gallery specialising in important modern British ceramics. Paul has arranged exhibitions of many of Britain's finest potters, lectured, advised museums on exhibitions and acquisitions and written numerous articles.
- Author(s)Paul Rice
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2002
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note247 colour photographs
- Weight1174 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.30Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.