All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.63
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.49
- AU $45.84Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $18.02Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.02
About this product
- DescriptionMy name is Peter Grant, and I am a keeper of the secret flame -- whatever that is. Truth be told, there's a lot I still don't kw. My superior Nightingale, previously the last of England's wizardly governmental force, is trying to teach me proper schooling for a magician's apprentice. But even he doesn't have all the answers. Mostly I'm just a constable sworn to enforce the Queen s Peace, with the occasional help from some unusual friends and a well-placed fire blast. With the new year, I have three main objectives, a) pass the detective exam so I can officially become a DC, b) work out what the hell my relationship with Lesley Mai, an old friend from the force and w fellow apprentice, is supposed to be, and most importantly, c) get through the year without destroying a major landmark. Two out of three isn t bad, right? A mutilated body in Crawley means ather murderer is on the loose. The prime suspect is one Robert Weil, who may either be a common serial killer or an associate of the twisted magician kwn as the Faceless Man -- a man whose previous encounters I've barely survived. I've also got a case about a town planner going under a tube train and ather about a stolen grimoire. But then I get word of something very odd happening in Elephant and Castle, on a housing estate designed by a nutter, built by charlatans, and inhabited by the truly desperate. If there's a connection to the Crawley case, I'll be entering some tricky waters of juristiction with the local river spirits. We have a prickly history, to say the least. Just the typical day for a magician constable.
- Author Biography<b>Ben Aaronovitch</b> was born in London in 1964 and had the kind of dull routine childhood that drives a man either to drink or to science fiction. He is a screenwriter, with early notable success on BBC's leg3endary <i>Doctor Who</i>, for which he wrote some episodes now widely regarded as classics, and which even he is quite fond of. After a decade of such work, he decided it was time to show the world what he could really do, and embarked on his first serious original novel. The result is <i>Midnight Riot</i>, the debut adventure of Peter Grant, followed by <i>Moon Over Soho</i>. He can be contacted vis his website, http: //www.the-folly.com/.
- Author(s)Ben Aaronovitch
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleRivers of London Novels
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Read byKobna Holdbrook-Smith
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time600
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.