CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a concise but comprehensive student guide to studying Emily Bronte's classic vel Wuthering Heights . After its relatively modest reception in 1847, Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights has become one of the most widely-read vels of the nineteenth century. Seen as one of those rare works that has transcended its literary origin to become part of the lexicon of popular culture, its uncompromising awareness of the powers of both love and selfishness, landscape and revenge has made it a popular choice of text for students. This concise but comprehensive guide to the text introduces its contexts, language, reception and adaptation from its first publication to the present. It includes points for discussion, suggestions for further study and an antated guide to relevant reading. Continuum Reader's Guides are clear, concise and accessible introductions to key texts in literature and philosophy. Each book explores the themes, context, criticism and influence of key works, providing a practical introduction to close reading, guiding students towards a thorough understanding of the text. They provide an essential, up-to-date resource, ideal for undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyIan Brinton is Editor for The Use of English. He is author of Contemporary Poetry Since 1990 (Cambridge University Press, 2009) and A Manner of Utterance: Readings in the Poetry of J.H. Prynne (Shearsman Press, 2009).
- Author(s)Ian Brinton
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleReader's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.