Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis annual series from the Brookings Institution and the Financial Institutions Center at the Wharton School provides timely and insightful analyses of the financial services industry. The fourth volume in the series focuses on integrating emerging market countries into the global financial system. Contents include: The Regulation and Supervision of Banks around the World James R. Barth (Auburn University), Gerald Caprio Jr. (World Bank), and Ross Levine (University of Minnesota) Effective Property Rights and Ecomic Development: Next Steps Hernando De Soto (Institute for Liberty and Democracy, Peru) and Robert E. Litan (Brookings Institution) Infrastructure Requirements in the Area of Bankruptcy Law Clas Wihlborg (University of Gothenburg), Shubhashis Gangopadhyay (Indian Statistical Institute), and Qaizar Hussain (International Monetary Fund) Relevance and Need for International Regulatory Standard Edward Kane (Boston College) Regulatory Infrastructure Covering Financial Markets Reena Aggarwal (Georgetown University) The Importance of Emerging Capital Markets Richard M. Levich (NYU) The Relevance and Need for International Accounting Standards Ray Ball (University of Chicago) Robert E. Litan is vice president and director of the Ecomic Studies program at the Brookings Institution. Richard Herring is director of the Joseph H. Lauder Institute of Management and International Studies and codirector of the Wharton Financial Institutions Center.
- Author BiographyRobert E. Litan is a senior fellow in Economic Studies at Brookings and vice president for research and policy at the Kauffman Foundation. Richard Herring is director of the Joseph H. Lauder Institute of Management and International Studies and codirector of the Wharton Financial Institutions Center at the University of Pennsylvania.
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleBrookings-Wharton Papers on Financial Services
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight29 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRichard J. Herring,Robert E. Litan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.