Brooklyn Makers: Food, Design, Craft, and Other Scenes from a Tactile Life by Jennifer Causey (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe creative heart of New York City, Brooklyn is in the midst of a makers movement. A community of artisans is thriving throughout the borough. Photographer Jennifer Causey captures this moment, documenting thirty of Brooklyn's celebrated craftsmen. Beautiful, full colour images showcase each artist's space and, perhaps most importantly, process and interviews reveal the inspiration behind the work as well as thoughts on the city where it's created. Featured makers include bakers, ceramic artists, clothing designers, florists, distillers and more. The thoughtfully curated collection provides a glimpse into handmade Brooklyn. This project is documented at www.themakersproject.com. From the author: As a food and lifestyle photographer, I have ticed a return to handmade and artisan produced products. I love discovering people who embrace a more tactile way of living, so I began a project to photograph the people behind the products. Living in Brooklyn, New York, I did t have to go far to find some amazing people. There were so many artisans and makers living right in my neighborhood. As I began my project, I knew I was photographing people who make things, but I soon realised I was also photographing people who make things happen. I discovered that by living and working in a supportive community, these makers were able to make their dreams a reality. As the project evolves, so does the adventure and pleasure of documenting these makers; in seeing their process, learning what inspires them, and what keeps them going. The goal of the photos is to show a bit of each maker's personality through personal details in their kitchens or studios. Each photo profile also includes a short questionnaire to learn more about them and their relationship with their community.
- Author BiographyJennifer Causey is a food and lifestyle photographer, she has photographed for several editorial clients, including Real Simple, Everyday with Rachael Ray, and Men's Journal. She has also photographed for commercial clients and local businesses, including Anthropologie, Lotta Jansdotter, and Tocca. Jennifer has created an online following for her work through her popular breakfast blog, Simply Breakfast (www.simplybreakfast.blogspot.com) and her recent project, The Makers (www.themakersproject.com).
- Author(s)Jennifer Causey
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width191 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.