All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn 'After-the-Bomb' story told by teenage Danny, one of the survivors - one of the unlucky ones. Set in Shipley, an ordinary town in the rth of England, this is a powerful portrayal of a world that has broken down. Danny t only has to cope in a world of lawlessness and gang warfare, but he has to protect and look after his little brother, Ben, and a girl called Kim. Is there any hope left for a new world?
- Author BiographyRobert Swindells was born in Bradford in 1939 and continues to live in Yorkshire. He left school at 15 and worked in a variety of jobs, including primary school teaching, before becoming a full-time writer. His widely acclaimed novels often reflect his political passions, such as BROTHER IN THE LAND, which is set in the aftermath of a nuclear war. He has won the Red House Children's Book Prize several times and in 1993 he won the prestigious Carnegie Medal for STONE COLD, a young adult novel about homelessness.
- Author(s)Robert Swindells
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/1994
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight123 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age13-18
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.