All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Robert Penn Warren's best book. . . . Cruel sometimes, crude sometimes, obsessed sometimes, the book is always extraordinary: it does kw, and kws sadly and tenderly, even. It is, in short, an event, a great one. -Randall Jarrell, New York Times Book Review The significantly revised version of Brother to Dragons appeared in 1979, twenty-six years after the original. It is, Warren wrote, in some important senses, a new work. Told in the distinct voices of characters long dead and w gathered at an unspecified place and time, this long poem recalls events leading to and resulting from the 1811 murder of a young slave by Thomas Jefferson's nephew. R.P.W. is the narrator of the tale, whose poignant ending brings t only reconciliation among the ghostly figures but healing for Warren's persona as well.
- Author BiographyRobert Penn Warren (1905--1989) -- an acclaimed novelist, poet, critic, and teacher, and the author of dozens of books -- was the only writer ever to receive Pulitzer Prizes in both fiction and poetry.
- Author(s)Robert Penn Warren
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1996
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.