All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $14.00Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1964, Bruce McLaren's autobiography From the Cockpit is classic motor racing memoir. So scarce and expensive are original copies that Evm Publishing, in collaboration with McLaren, is reissuing a facsimile version for all fans to enjoy. In his own words, Bruce describes his inspiring climb up the ladder of motor racing success, culminating in the inception of Bruce McLaren Motor Racing Ltd in 1963. Engaging to read, his book provides fascinating insight into t only his accomplishments but also his unique character, charm and tenacity. In his own words, 'Life is measured in achievement, t in years alone.'
- Author BiographyAlthough Bruce McLaren died tragically early, aged only 32, in a testing accident at Goodwood in 1970, his legacy lives on in the mighty McLaren Formula 1 team that he founded. To date, the McLaren team's tally of Formula I Grand Prix wins is 182, of which four were achieved in Bruce's lifetime, the first with Bruce at the wheel. As a driver Bruce's other successes included winning the Le Mans 24 Hours (1966) and twice becoming champion in Can-Am (1967 and 1969), the spectacular sports-car series that his cars dominated for five years.
- Author(s)Bruce McClaren
- PublisherEvro Publishing
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSherborne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEvro Publishing
- Content Note24 photos
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.