All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionHe got as close as he could to observe the spectacle; his eyes could hardly believe what he saw. Circled around the huge bonfire were many witches dancing and making all kinds of gestures amidst laughs, screams, and bursts of laughter as they sang all together. Recounted in Spanish and in English translation, these tales of sorcerers, fiendish witches, La Llorona, the vanishing hitchhiker, ghostly apparitions, and balls of fire will fascinate and spook readers of all ages and backgrounds. The sixty-four narrators in Brujeras range in age from seventeen to ninety-eight years old. Their stories come from a variety of Southwestern states as well as Latin America and demonstrate how the magical world of witchcraft and the supernatural connects Spain to Latin America and Latin America to North America. This rich tradition of supernatural tales illuminates an unexplored aspect of the American Southwests Hispanic heritage. Included are biographical information about the narrators and a glossary highlighting the regional Spanish dialect of rthern New Mexico and southern Colorado. Nasario Garca, a native New Mexican and leading folklorist in his state, has produced many works on New Mexican literature and folklore, including Old Las Vegas: Hispanic Memories from the New Mexico Meadowlands (TTUP 2004).
- Author BiographyNasario Garcia, a native New Mexican and leading folklorist in his state, has produced many works on New Mexican literature and folklore, including Old Las Vegas: Hispanic Memories from the New Mexico Meadowlands (TTUP 2004).
- Author(s)Nasario Garcia
- PublisherTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/07/2007
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Series TitleGrover E. Murray Studies in the American Southwest
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Content Note60 b/w photographs
- Weight794 g
- Width162 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.