All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an in-depth look at the life and career of James Stuart Blackton (1875-1941), the first great commercial vendor of cinema who grasped that motion pictures were t merely a technical invation, but a popular entertainment form for the masses. Blackton was a man of many firsts in the film industry: the first combination actor-director-producer in the United States, the country's first national exhibitor, and the first film propagandist. He contributed landmark invations in everything from special effects to single-frame animation, for which he is often regarded as the father of the animated cartoon.
- Author BiographyDonald Dewey has written hundreds of magazine stories and articles, many about the film industry. He is the author of more than thirty books of fiction, nonfiction, and drama, including Marcello Mastroianni: His Life and Art (1993), James Stewart: A Biography (1997), and Lee J. Cobb: Characters of an Actor (Rowman & Littlefield, 2014).
- Author(s)Donald Dewey
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleFilm and History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight640 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.