All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'I was born with strong passions', began Buck's Memoirs 'a lively imaginative disposition and a spirit that could brook restraint. I possessed a restlessness and activity of mind that directed me to the most extravagant pursuits; and the ardour of my disposition never abated until satiety had weakened the power of my enjoyment'. From here on, the Memoirs entertain and take the reader on an amazing journey, from which they return with a heart-felt regard for the fun-loving 'Buck'.
- Author BiographyThomas 'Buck Jerusalem' Whaley has variously been described as rake, a man-about-town and a gambler. In reading his Memoirs, it becomes clear that all these labels are justified. He jumped out of a first floor building and kissed the occupant of the first carriage he saw, walked to Jerusalem for a bet, squandered his fortune, and imported Irish soil to the Isle of Man to build his house upon in order to win a wager. Even his early death is surrounded by myth, saga and controversy.
- Author(s)Buck Whaley
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/1980
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight260 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.