All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionWith such bestsellers as <i>A History of God and Islam</i>, Karen Armstrong has consistently delivered ?penetrating, readable, and prescient? (<i>The New York Times</i>) works that have lucidly engaged a wide range of religions and religious issues. In <i>Buddha</i> she turns to a figure whose thought is still reverberating throughout the world 2,500 years after his death. Many kw the Buddha only from seeing countless serene, iconic images. But what of the man himself and the world he lived in? What did he actually do in his roughly eighty years on earth that spawned one of the greatest religions in world history? Armstrong tackles these questions and more by examining the life and times of the Buddha in this engrossing philosophical biography. Against the tumultuous cultural background of his world, she blends history, philosophy, mythology, and biography to create a compelling and illuminating portrait of a man whose awakening continues to inspire millions.
- Author Biography<b>Karen Armstrong</b>'s books include <b>The Battle for God, A History of God: The 4000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam; Jerusalem: One City, Three Faiths</b>; and <b>In the Beginning: A New Interpretation of Genesis</b>. A former Roman Catholic nun, she teaches at Leo Baeck College for the Study of Judaism and received the 1999 Muslim Public Affairs Council Media Award.
- Author(s)Karen Armstrong
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitlePenguin Lives Biographies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight172 g
- Width126 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.