Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by leura-books-music
- Est. delivery by 8 Oct
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $27.57Was:AU $35.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJesus, Moses, Mohammed, Gandhi, and the Buddha all had brains built essentially like anyone else's, yet they were able to harness their thoughts and shape their patterns of thinking in ways that changed history. With new breakthroughs in modern neuroscience and the wisdom of thousands of years of contemplative practice, it is possible for us to shape our own thoughts in a similar way for greater happiness, love, compassion, and wisdom. Buddha's Brain joins the forces of modern neuroscience with ancient contemplative teachings to show readers how they can work toward greater emotional well-being, healthier relationships, more effective actions, and deepened religious and spiritual understanding. This book will explain how the core elements of both psychological well-being and religious or spiritual life-virtue, mindfulness, and wisdom-are based in the core functions of the brain: regulating, learning, and valuing. Readers will also learn practical ways to apply this information, as the book offers many exercises they can do to tap the unused potential of the brain and rewire it over time for greater peace and well-being.
- Author BiographyRick Hanson, PhD, is a neuropsychologist and meditation teacher. A summa cum laude graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, he cofounded the Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom and edits the Wise Brain Bulletin. He and his wife have two children.
- Author(s)Richard Mendius,Rick Hanson
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication05/11/2009
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Notefigures
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.