All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionCompelling and informative teachings by the most influential female Buddhist teachers on a wide range of topics. Buddhism began to take root in the West at just the same time that women's voices were arising to find expression here--after millennia of being relegated to the background. If that was a coincidence, it was an auspicious one, for the women who emerged as Buddhist teachers have been among the most articulate of Dharma-communicators--and they remain an indelible feature of Western Buddhism as the practice matures here. The remarkable range of their teaching is showcased in this anthology. The pieces featured touch on the topics that are at the heart of our lives--relationships, uncertainty, love, parenting, food, stress, mortality, living fully, and social responsibility. These approachable, engaging teachings illuminate Buddhist concepts and practices, such as meditation, tonglen, lovingkindness, cultivating gratitude, and deep relaxation. The book contains wisdom from such well-kwn and respected contemporary Buddhist teachers as Pema ChOdrOn, Ayya Khema, Sharon Salzberg, Toni Packer, Maurine Stuart, Karen Maezen Miller, Khandro Rinpoche, Jan Chozen Bays, Sister Chan Khong, Sylvia Boorstein, Pat Enkyo O'Hara, Darlene Cohen, Joanna Macy, Bonnie Myotai Treace, Tsultrim Allione, Tenzin Palmo, Tara Brach, Joan Sutherland, Carolyn Rose Gimian, Joan Halifax, and Charlotte Joko Beck.
- Author BiographyANDREA MILLER is an editor and staff writer for the Shambhala Sun.
- Author(s)Andrea Miller
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.