All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for the neophyte who has prior kwledge of the subject, Buddhism and Zen defines basic terms, translates key words, and answers the ten most frequently asked questions that are posed by Westerners interested in Zen Buddhism.
- Author BiographyNyogen Senzaki, a colleague of Dr. D.T. Suzuki, was one of the first Zen masters to come from Japan to the United States. He is the author of Like a Dream, Like a Fantasy. Ruth Strout McCandless studied at Stanford University and Claremont Graduate School and in 1941 began her association with Senzaki. In 1955, while under the tutelage of Soen Nakagawa at Ryutaku-ji, she became the first Western woman to stay at a Zen monastery. She was one of the editors of The Iron Flute, a collection of ancient Zen koans with essays by Senzaki.
- Author(s)Nyogen Senzaki,Ruth Strout
- PublisherNorth Point Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1988
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, California
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Point Press
- Out-of-print date14/05/1992
- Weight118 g
- Width120 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.