All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere has been a recent upsurge in interest in Buddhist philosophy, but there is as yet satisfactory text on the subject. Buddhism as Philosophy fills that void. Unlike other texts that serve to introduce Buddhist thought, it is written by a philosopher and it shows how the Buddhist tradition deals with the same sorts of problems that get treated in Western philosophy and employs the same sorts of methods. This book does more than just report what Buddhist philosophers said; it presents the arguments of the Buddhist philosophers, in their own words, and it invites the reader to assess their overall cogency. In short, Buddhism as Philosophy investigates the Buddhist tradition by way of the characteristically philosophical concern for finding out the truth about complicated matters in metaphysics, epistemology and ethics.
- Author BiographyMark Siderits is Professor in the Department of Philosophy at Illinois State University, USA.
- Author(s)Mark Siderits
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2007
- Series TitleAshgate World Philosophies Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight464 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Purushottama Bilimoria,Professor David E. Cooper,Professor Kathleen Higgins,Professor Robert C. Solomon
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.