All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a study of contemporary Buddhist-Christian encounter in Thailand. Case studies, which include a Buddhist nationalist group, a charismatic church movement, and a village community, describe the variety and nature of Buddhist-Christian relations. Arising issues - nationalism, identity, tions of the religious other - are discussed with regard to Thai history and modern society. The book also highlights cultural tions of avoidance and the Buddhist concept of friendship as Thai offerings to the field of interreligious dialogue. The study is based on qualitative research and draws on different academic disciplines, including religious studies, theology, and political studies. It makes a distinctive contribution to the fields of Thai Studies and global Buddhist-Christian Studies.
- Author BiographyKenneth Fleming is a Scottish theologian, who has lived and worked in Asia. He has been involved in Buddhist-Christian dialogue at the grassroots and in academia for many years and has wide experience of Japanese and Thai forms of Buddhism and Christianity.
- Author(s)Kenneth Fleming
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication26/05/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleReligionswissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.