All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives insight into the many aspects of stress, and shows how we can develop skillful ways to deal with stress and prevent burut and other stress-related complaints. The author examines the various forms of stress we experience at work and in our private lives, giving particular attention to the causes of stress. He also explains the important role that awareness plays in managing and preventing stress, then looks at insight meditation as a practical method of mindfulness training and as a path to inner freedom. After describing the benefits of insight meditation, he reveals how it can improve our energy management and help us recover from or prevent burut.
- Author BiographyFrits Koster has been practicing Vipassana meditation for twenty-eight years, and has lived and practiced as a monk in Buddhist monasteries in Southeast Asia for five years. In 1988 he returned to the Netherlands, and he has been facilitating meditation retreats in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Ireland ever since. He disrobed in 1994 and now works part-time in psychiatric health care and teaches courses in Buddhist psychology and philosophy. He is the author of Liberating Insight and The Web of Wisdom.
- Author(s)Frits Koster
- PublisherSilkworm Books / Trasvin Publications LP
- Date of Publication12/03/2008
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationChiang Mai
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintSilkworm Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight92533 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.