Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhat unites us, all of us, surely is brotherhood, a sense that our friendships are historic, designed to hold Stonewall together, muses one character in Ethan Mordden's Buddies. This need for friendship, for nerotic affection, for buddies, shines forth as an American obsession from Moby-Dick through Of Mice and Men to The Sting. An American gay life has built upon and cherished these relationships, even as it has dared - perhaps its most startling icoclasm - to break new ground by combining romance and friendship: one's lover is one's buddy. This book is about those relationships - mostly gay but some straight and even a few between gays and straights. Here also are fathers and brothers and stories of men in their youth, when rivalry often develops more naturally than alliance. In Buddies Mordden continues to map the unstoried wilderness of gay life today.
- Author BiographyEthan Mordden is the author of dozens of books, both fiction and nonfiction. His writing has appeared in The New York Times, The New Yorker and numerous other magazines and journals. He lives in Manhattan.
- Author(s)Ethan Mordden
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1992
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Out-of-print date22/12/2007
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.