All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $24.31Trending at AU $28.16
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionBuddy Boutonniere, a big-hearted Standard Poodle, subsists in the bare backyard of a tract home in the desert city of Yucca Dunes. MacKenzie, a Border Collie, and Javier, a Chihuahua, provide Buddy with scraps when his neglectful owners forget. When Buddy's owners decide to move, Buddy meets a wonderful lady who visits his house with prospective buyers. The poodle's humans try to sell him and Buddy goes through a series of unsuitable situations. The final family returns Buddy t realizing his owners are out of town. His only lifeline, MacKenzie, is killed by an evil Hummer driver. Javier tries to support Buddy with the aid of Dumb Derek, a brain-damaged Rottweiler. The two are unable to help. Buddy dies, but is brought back to life by Sonny, the Good Shepherd. Sonny grants Buddy's wish to live with the lady, in return for his promise to go with Sonny when he comes back for him. Buddy has a happy life with the lady and her dog, Skootch. Together they rescue abandoned Leroy and abused Roxanne. Years later, during Skootch's fifteenth birthday party, Sonny comes for Buddy. Sonny takes Buddy to Haven, canine paradise, where he is reunited with MacKenzie. Sonny explains the rules; dogs acquire free will and give up caring for humans. Their only responsibility is to help guide other dogs to Haven. Buddy excels at guiding, but on a mission to bring back a bomb dog from Afghanistan, Buddy helps a human, the dog's Marine partner. The residents of Haven are furious and Buddy is exiled to the perimeter of paradise. There he meets a girl who has died of cancer and befriends her, ather infraction. He is dragged before the communal tribunal, where MacKenzie defends him. With the help of the marine and the girl, she convinces the judges that Buddy is t an offender, but a hero.
- Author BiographyK. Anne Russell is the children's fiction debut pen name for Katharine A. Russell, the author of DEED SO, a coming-of-age novel set in 1962. Russell also writes the Pointer Mystery Series under Kath Russell, featuring Skootch, the short-haired pointer.
- Author(s)K Anne Russell
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.