All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended for Spanish learners. This is the second book of the series Buen Cami. The character in the story is a student who after winning a trip to Spain; chooses to walk El Cami de Santiago, all the way from Roncesvalles (by the Pyrenees in the border with France) to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia. This second level book continues with all the experiences the character has while walking from Pamplona through Leon. This reading and listening program is intended for intermediate Spanish level. Most of the vocabulary has been carefully selected to match vocabulary selections and grammar tenses appropriate of introductory Spanish textbooks. An easy reading Spanish story is enhanced with the listening in the audio book version. Please te that this book will t be as effective if only reading it. Its effectiveness results from the simultaneous combination of Spanish reading and listening. The cognitive process of assimilating and comprehending the language is enhanced when the audio is played while the student reads. Very effective for new Spanish learners as well as for heritage learners that are familiar with words but don't kw how to write Spanish. This paperback edition has QR codes that can be scanned using a tablet or phone to play the audio book. You may also access the links that will take you to the audio and you will be able to play it in a computer. The objective is that you can read the story simultaneously. In case you are t familiar with the scanning of QR codes, the book is also available as an audio book in Audible, facilitating the reading while listening. On this volume, vocabulary of parts of a house, food, clothing, is added. Students will be exposed to new vocabulary that is never used in traditional textbooks. As in the first volume, being the main character a student from the United States experiencing Spain for the first time, the reader will keep getting identified with the difficulties and situations the character experiences. The main grammatical structures that are used in volume 2 include: preterit, imperfect, reflexive verbs, direct and indirect objects as an extensive use of double object prouns. These are the different sections: -1) A prepararse! How much do you kw about this context? -2) A leer! Reading while simultaneous listening to the audiobook. -3) Personal Glossary: Readers look up unfamiliar words and write the meaning in their personal glossary. -4) A analizar! Students practice the vocabulary as well as discuss ideas in the book. Check for understanding. Discuss cultural points. The total audio book length is one hour and 45 minutes. It is advised to do a first listening/reading for the first time. Next, when repeating the content you can stop in each chapter. Each chapter has individual audio options. A helpful option to improve pronunciation is to listen while reading aloud. This book offers good practice to review content at the end of the Novice level, as well as for the start of a new semester or school year of an intermediate Spanish level.
- Author BiographyMercedes Meier has taught Spanish as a Foreign Language and for Native speakers for the past 12 years. She holds a Doctorate in Linguistics applied to the Teaching of Spanish Language from the University of Salamanca in Spain. She is a National Board Certified Spanish Teacher (K-12) and was nominated Teacher of the Year in Lee County Public Schools (FL) in 2004. She taught for the Miami Dade County Public Schools. Later, she became an instructor for Coastal Carolina Community College in North Carolina where she received the Educator of the Year award (Humanities Department) in 2013. She currently teaches Spanish at Miami Dade College in Florida. She enjoys presenting at language conferences. She has presented at major national conferences having received several distinctions. When not teaching, she loves to travel, enjoys the outdoors, film, video production and writing.
- Author(s)Mercedes Meier
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.