Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe most European of South American cities, Bues Aires evokes exile and stalgia. A nineteenth-century replica of Paris or Madrid set adrift in an alien continent, its identity is neither of the Old World r the New. The citys rootlessness has famously found expression in the melancholy of tango and, more recently, in a vogue for psycho-analysis even more widespread than New Yorks.
- Author BiographyJASON WILSON is Professor of Spanish and Latin American Literature at University College, London, and the author of books on Octavio Paz, Alexander von Humboldt and Latin American literature.
- Author(s)Jason Wilson
- PublisherSignal Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/11/2007
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleCities of the Imagination
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSignal Books Ltd
- Content Note30 b&w photos
- Weight424 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.