All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake a close-up look into a world you've never ticed. Bugs are usually so small that we hardly tice them, let alone think of them as living beings. But call upon the magnifying glass, and a shapeless jumble of legs, wings, and antennae suddenly start staring back at us. About 80 percent of the Earth's animals are insects. While there are millions of different species, we rarely see many of them ...until w. Thanks to the photography of John Hallmen, who took a camera and magnified these magnificent creatures one hundred times, we can see what we've never been able to see before. Bugs Up Close takes readers on a journey into a world rarely seen, with incredible photographs of such insects as: Crane flies Yellow meadow ants Black fungus beetles Treehoppers And many more! The diversity of this insect civilization is striking and unkwn to most. An insect we may never have thought twice about w looks like a creature from outer space. Fascinating and somewhat monstrous details such as compound eyes, antennae, and sharp mouth parts are visible, and with text by Lars-Ake Janzon, Bugs Up Close is an amazing close look into the strange and beautiful world of insects.
- Author BiographyLars-Ake Janzon, PhD, is an on-call biologist and first curator of the Museum of Natural History in Sweden. He has appeared in numerous scholarly and popular publications, and in Bugs Up Close he discusses the behavior, biology, circumstances, and challenges of insect life. John Hallmen is a dedicated and innovative insect photographer, and with the help of new digital camera technology, he has been able to showcase a bug's world that we have never seen before. He has published in the Swedish Natural History Museum and was named the Nature Photographer of 2012.
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1528 g
- Width254 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographs byJohn Hallmen
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.