All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing on from the hugely successful Polytunnel Book, Joyce and Ben Russell have devised 30 kitchen garden projects that anyone can make and enjoy. Not only do the projects add decorative detail to the garden, each project is devised to either extend the season, protect crops from pests or improve yields. Apart from the obvious cost-savings benefits from growing or making your own, the desire to work with craft fulfils the need to keep improving your patch of land. These compelling projects transform your vegetable plot into somewhere more productive, more attractive and more secure. From simple projects for cloches, tunnels and frames to design solutions that deter slugs and carrot root fly, these projects are well-designed as well as decorative. Each project includes step-by-step instructions as well as a list of materials and tools you'll need and a relative skills rating. Accompanying each project are growing tips and specific crop advice to help you make the most of your crop. To be enjoyed by gardeners of all levels and anyone who loves growing their own. Projects include: Leaf mould container; simple cloche; fruit cage; bean support; herb bed; folding bean frame; raised bed; poly cloche; plant propagator; boot scraper; mini greenhouse; drying cabinet; carrot fly protector; compost bins.
- Author BiographyJoyce Russell has thirty years of practical experience of fruit and vegetable growing, while feeding a family from the garden. She writes each month for Kitchen Garden Magazine, as well as regular contributions to other magazines and newspapers. She wrote for Organic Gardening magazine for ten years. Ben Russell is a skilled craftsman, photographer and journalist. He has written more than a 100 step-by-step making articles for woodworking magazines and had over 6,000 photographs published in books and magazines. Joyce and Ben's first book, 'The Polytunnel Book: Fruit and Vegetable all Year Round' is one of Frances Lincoln's perennial best-sellers with more than 145 5-star reviews on Amazon.
- Author(s)Joyce Russell
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Weight748 g
- Width197 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographer(s)Ben Russell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.