All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating and detailed book is essential reading for all those railway modellers who wish to build their own wagons and vans. After examining the types of modelling materials that are available and discussing the basic tools that are required, the author demonstrates how the modeller can move on from building simple kits to constructing more complicated kits in a variety of materials, including plastic, white metal and brass. He then considers how kits can be detailed, converted and significantly modified (often referred to as 'kit bashing') before covering the ultimate in rolling stock construction - scratch building. Brimming with practical advice and tips, this remarkable book uses worked examples and step-by-step photographs to show what can be achieved with the application of research, patience and modelling skill. Moreover, although the volume deals with 00 gauge, the ideas and techniques discussed can easily be applied to other gauges/scales.
- Author BiographyDavid Tisdale has railways in his blood. His grandfather and two of his uncles were railwaymen and his grandfather's brothers, father and uncles also worked on the railways. David started building model railway stock in the early 1980s but had a break from the hobby from 1986 until 2008, when he made his first wagon kit for over twenty five years. A member of the Jersey Model Railway Club, he has built a number of layouts, has considerable experience in scratch-building rolling stock, and has made plastic, resin, white metal and brass wagon and van kits in 0-16.5, 00, 009 and N gauge.
- Author(s)David Tisdale
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2015
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note294 colour photographs 2 drawings
- Weight535 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.