CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionTwo decades of steady progress have transformed ASEAN into a permanent component of world politics and a model for Third World cooperation. Its study should w be mandatory. The Palmer-Reckford volume provides an excellent introduction to ASEAN member states and the organization itself. It reviews problems and promises meticulously and comprehensively and should become required reading. Hans H. Indorf, President, Asian Affairs Analysts In this comprehensive new volume, the authors trace the history of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) from its formation in 1967 to the present day. They discuss political, ecomics, and security issues involving each of the member countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, the Philippines, and Brunei). The authors focus on the ASEAN's efforts to promote regional cooperation in the face of the divisive ecomic, strategic, and diplomatic interests. ASEAN policy towards Indochina, is discussed in depth, as are efforts to create cooperative ecomic ventures. Their conclusion maintains that the success of ASEAN is due largely to the individual achievements of member nations rather than to ASEAN as an institution. Finally, they make a number of recommendations for improving ASEAN's effectiveness.
- Author BiographyAMBASSADOR RONALD D. PALMER is currently U.S. Ambassador to Mauritius, was a Senior Foreign Affairs Fellow at the Center for Strategic and Internationl Studies. THOMAS J. RECKFORD is a Senior Fellow in International Business and Economics at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Ronald D. Palmer,Thomas J. Reckford
- Date of Publication09/09/1987
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleThe Washington Papers
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 127
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight384 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.