All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding Academic Literacy is a coach-in-a-pocket for educators seeking to build strong academic literacy and higher-order thinking. This book is for anyone with responsibility for instruction - teachers, instructional coaches, professional developers, principals, curriculum leaders, teacher preparation faculty. It provides pathways to developing higher-order thinking in every student and setting.
- Author BiographyJanet Angelis was a classroom teacher early in her career. She has devoted the latter part of her career to linking the worlds of research and practice. She has authored or coauthored numerous articles for practitioners, researchers, and the public and with Kristen Wilcox is the author of two books about effective practices. Karen Polsinelli taught social studies at the upper elementary and middle level for more than 30 years. She is an experienced writer, presenter, and professional developer in a variety of research-based strategies for improving student learning. Eija Rougle earned a PhD. in language and education and has been coaching teachers for over a decade; with Mary Adler, she is coauthor of Building Literacy through Classroom Discussion. She is a frequent speaker on language and literacy and is multi-lingual. Johanna Shogan taught English language arts at the secondary level for 35 years and received recognized in Who's Who among America's Teachers. She has served as an officer of the New York State English Council and is a contributing writer for The Storytelling Classroom.
- Author(s)Eija Rougle,Janet I. Angelis,Johanna Shogan,Karen Polsinelli
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.