All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.67
About this product
- DescriptionMelbourne, 1970. Arld is a first year resident at the Royal. It is a year of bridging: from medical student to doctor, child to adult, from mindless obedience to independent thought. Working endless hours in a hospital that seems to value tradition over competence, Arld and his fellow residents comically bumble along. The only constant are his nightmares: a phobia of police. Despite his fears, it is Arld who breathlessly calls the police to say he witnessed Peter stab Greg outside the hospital. Greg is a fellow resident doctor and Arld's closest friend while Peter is a recently arrived immigrant working on the construction of the Westgate Bridge. So what brings these two seemingly unconnected men together in such a dramatic way? In this dark yet comic tale of coming of age we meet those born in the aftermath of the Holocaust, self-absorbed and igrant of the shadow it casts over their lives. There are many bridges to be crossed that year. But t all of them will remain standing.
- Author(s)Joe Reich
- PublisherSid Harta Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHartwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSid Harta Publishers
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.