All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the challenges and opportunities facing companies in emerging and developing countries. China and India have become the primary business destination for many global companies that are looking for market opportunities and low costs of production, whilst Morocco, Dubai, Brazil, Malaysia and Russia are also being targeted. This new edited volume helps develop a better understanding of the realities of doing business in emerging and developing countries, in particular exploring the dynamics between corporations - both indigeus and multinational - and local pressures in developing, transitional and emerging ecomies. The book points out the benefits and pitfalls of doing business in emerging and developing countries, as well as the adjustments that are necessary for success. It also discusses entrepreneurship in emerging and developing countries, exploring its new realities from women's entrepreneurship in Muslim countries to social entrepreneurship in developing countries. The volume also points out the new challenges for SMEs of emerging and developing countries in a global competitive environment. Finally, it analyses corporate governance from a local partner perspective and an institutional perspective. Building Businesses in Emerging and Developing Countries will be of interest to business managers, students and researchers involved in international entrepreneurship and corporate governance.
- Author BiographyElie Virgile Chrysostome is Professor of International Business and Strategic Management at the State University of New York, Plattsburgh, USA and Director of the CEDIMES Institute USA. He is also a Research Associate at the Montreal Local Global Research Group at Concordia University, Canada and at the Walter Somers Chair of International Strategic Management at HEC-Montreal, Canada. He was the chair of the International Business Division of the Association of Administrative Sciences of Canada (ASAC). Rick Molz is Professor of Management at the John Molson School of Business of Concordia University, Canada. His research interests lie in international business strategy, particularly in developing, emerging and transitional economies. He has published three books relating to international business and strategy, the most recent being The Multinational Enterprise in Developing Countries (Routledge 2010), co-edited with Catalin Ratiu and Ali Taleb.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Development Economics
- Series Part/Volume Number111
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 36 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byElie Virgile Chrysostome,Rick Molz
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.