All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a practical model and specific unit- and lesson-planning ideas for enhancing students' reading comprehension in any 2-8 classroom. The authors provide invative suggestions that help teachers construct a comprehension curriculum organized around literature, informational texts, or a basal reading program. Vivid case examples and vignettes bring to life ways to build the kwledge, strategies, and motivation that children need to engage with different types of texts and become proficient, enthusiastic readers. Graphic elements throughout the volume link instructional and assessment practices directly to the Common Core standards.
- Author BiographyRachel Brown, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Reading and Language Arts Center at Syracuse University, where she teaches graduate courses in literacy education and is affiliated with the undergraduate and graduate elementary teacher education programs. Previously she worked as a middle school learning specialist in the American School in London. Dr. Brown is a recipient of a Graduate Teaching Recognition Award from Syracuse University and an Elva Knight Research Grant from the International Reading Association. Her research and publications focus on elementary and middle school literacy instruction, with specific interests in comprehension strategies instruction, self-regulated learning, teacher professional development, and technology and literacy. Peter Dewitz, PhD, is Professor of Education at Mary Baldwin College. Formerly he taught at California State University, Los Angeles; the University of Toledo; and the University of Virginia. Dr. Dewitz is also a researcher and staff developer who has worked with many public schools to help them improve their reading comprehension instruction. His staff development work spans many states, school districts, and countries. Prior to becoming a professor, he taught fifth and sixth grade in Los Angeles. Dr. Dewitz has written three previous books and over 40 articles on reading instruction and reading programs.
- Author(s)Peter Dewitz,Rachel Brown
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.