All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionText only. This product does NOT include a Resource Central Access Code Card. To purchase the text with a Resource Central Access Code Card, please use ISBN: 0-13-283007-8 Building Construction: Methods and Materials for the Fire Service, Second Edition, emphasizes the impact that an understanding of the principles of building construction has on firefighting strategy. Written by an author with extensive kwledge and experience in both the fire service and construction industries, it explains building materials and processes that are involved in the construction of structures and provides students with the kwledge required to operate safely and effectively within residential or commercial buildings. Discussions of actual incidents experienced by the author and case studies containing critical thinking questions give students a better understanding of what to expect in the field.
- Author BiographyMichael Smith worked for over 35 years with the fire service, retiring at the rank of Deputy Fire Chief. He has also worked for over 30 years in the construction industry, because very few firefighters made enough money to work only one job. He holds an A.S. degree in Fire Science; a B.S. degree in Construction Management; and an M.A. degree in Fire and Public Administration. He is a graduate of the Executive Fire Officers Program at the National Fire Academy. He is also a Certified Municipal Manager from George Washington University. He is currently involved with Lecturing, Consulting, and Emergency Management for the Federal Government and the US Military. He can be reached through the publisher.
- Author(s)Michael Smith
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication25/07/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight712 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.