CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe Aggregat 4 (A4) was the German Wehrmacht's first long-range missile, regarded as suitable for war use since 1940. Wernher von Braun, his team of design engineers and 1,300 scientists had been working towards a rocket capable of bearing a 750-kilogramme explosive charge over a minimum distance of 200 to 300 kilometres, hitting the enemy target with the greatest possible accuracy. The primary purpose of the Aggregat 4 was to terrorise the British, reducing London to rubble through constant bombardment. On 3 October 1942 the 14-tonne rocket lifted off effortlessly from the Peenemunde launch pad, and the Wehrmacht were certain they had a new weapon for which there were defences at the time- a long-range rocket which wouldd change the shape of aerial warfare. This book provides a unique account of the development and combat history of Hitler's devastating missiles, detailing a wealth of previously unseen material, making this book a must for World War II historians and enthusiasts of strategic analysis alike.
- Author BiographyGerhard Kaiser, born in 1933, trained as a blacksmith, studied History at Moscow University, and gained his PhD at the University of Leipzig. 1956-1968 Nationale Volksarmee, Lieutenant Colonel, up to 1991 sociological research for East German television, numerous publications on German military history and policy, the workers' movement and antifascist resistance. Book editor and translator from Russian and Polish. Volkhard Bode, born in 1944, trained as a lathe operator and then studied German Literature in Berlin. 1970-1974 television script editor, later editor and reporter for the Berliner Rundfunk radio station, mainly on culture; from 1991 freelance radio and specialist magazine journalist, including several radio programmes on Peenemunde.
- Author(s)Gerhard Kaiser,Volkhard Bode
- PublisherChristoph Links Verlag
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintChristoph Links Verlag
- Content Note100
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.