All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a design guide for architects, engineers, and contractors concerning the principles and specific applications of building information modeling (BIM). BIM has the potential to revolutionize the building industry, and yet t all architects and construction professionals fully understand what the benefits of BIM are or even the fundamental concepts behind it. As part of the PocketArchitecture Series it includes two parts: fundamentals and applications, which provide a comprehensive overview of all the necessary and essential issues. It also includes case studies from a range of project sizes that illustrate the key concepts clearly and use a wide range of visual aids. Building Information Modeling addresses the key role that BIM is playing in shaping the software tools and office processes in the architecture, engineering, and construction professions. Primarily aimed at professionals, it is also useful for faculty who wish to incorporate this information into their courses on digital design, BIM, and professional practice. As a compact summary of key ideas it is ideal for anyone implementing BIM.
- Author BiographyKaren Kensek teaches at the University of Southern California, School of Architecture. For over 25 years, her teaching and research have concentrated on the evolving role of digital design and its applications to the building profession. Her current research focuses on BIM analytics. She has organized seven building information modeling symposia at USC (2007-2013) with themes on education; sustainable design; construction and fabrication; analytical modeling and evidenced-based design; BIM management, implementation, coordination, and evaluation; and the future of BIM. Under her leadership, the School received the Autodesk Revit BIM Experience Award in 2008 and a BIM award from the AIA Technology in Architectural Practice knowledge community in 2010. She is a past president of the Association of Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA).
- Author(s)Karen M. Kensek
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- Series TitlePocket Architecture
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note177 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.