Building Java Programs: A Back to Basics Approach by Stuart Reges, Marty Stepp (Mixed media product, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $216.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.81Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding Java Programs: A Back to Basics Approach, Second Edition, introduces vice programmers to basic constructs and common pitfalls by emphasizing the essentials of procedural programming, problem solving, and algorithmic reasoning. By using objects early to solve interesting problems and defining objects later in the course, Building Java Programs develops programming kwledge for a broad audience.
- Author BiographyStuart Reges is a principal lecturer at the University of Washington where he teaches computer programming, programming languages, and discrete structures. He is co-author of an introductory Java programming textbook with Marty Stepp titled Building Java Programs: A Back to Basics Approach. UW CSE's Stuart Reges has won the 2011 University of Washington Distinguished Teaching Award, which is given to faculty who show a mastery of their subject matter, intellectual rigor and a passion for teaching. Marty Stepp is a computer science lecturer at the University of Washington where he teaches intro programming, web programming, and software engineering. Google highlighted his web programming resources in their Google Code for Educators initiative, and he was recently featured as the Seattle PI's Geek of the Week. Stepp is the lead author of Web Programming Step by Step, with Jessica Miller and Victoria Kirst from the University of Washington. He is also co-author of Building Java Programs: A Back to Basics Approach with Stuart Reges. Stepp wrote an online tool for practicing Java problems to accompany the Java textbook, called Practice-It!. He is also first author of Computing Fundamentals with C#. From 2004 - 2006, Stepp worked as a computer science lecturer at the University of Washington, Tacoma. Before that he spent a year as a developer at Microsoft on the Excel team. Stepp got a Master's degree in computer science at the University of Arizona in 2003. He has done research in geometric algorithms and security, taught several courses as a graduate student, and was a teaching assistant for several years.
- Author(s)Marty Stepp,Stuart Reges
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication19/02/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson Education (US)
- Out-of-print date14/06/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1524 g
- Width190 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 2nd revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.