All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNostalgia and love of parish churches is deeply embedded in the British psyche. Following the success of Poems in the Porch, a collection of hitherto unpublished poems on parish churches by Sir John Betjeman, Kevin Gardner has w assembled a new anthology of poems on the same theme yet with a greater diversity of post-war authors - Philip Larkin, R. S. Thomas, John Betjeman, C. Day Lewis, U. A. Fanthorpe and many others. The collection is introduced by a fascinating critical introduction, 'Anglican Memory and Post-war British Poetry' and will appeal to church and poetry lovers alike in their droves.
- Author BiographyDr Kevin J. Gardner is Professor of English at Baylor University, Texas. He has published numerous scholarly essays on British poetry. His books include Poems in the Porch (Continuum) Faith and Doubt of John Betjeman (Continuum) and Betjeman and the Anglican Imagination (SPCK).
- Author(s)Kevin J. Gardner
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteNo illustrations
- Weight357 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.