All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique management skills text provides you with a new toolbox from which to teach students the difficult and challenging application of managerial theories and concepts. Daft and Marcic's action-first approach turns the traditional learning model on its end. Instead of starting with concepts and moving to application, this text starts with application, an introductory problem or challenge that encourages students to first empty out their ideas so they are ready to understand new ideas and acquire new skills. Each chapter provides a menu of teaching resources for student challenges, engagement, applications, and learning, ample opportunity to fill students up with the spot-on management skills they'll need to be successful managers. This new learning philosophy leads students through a seven-step learning process: 1. Manager Challenge, 2. Initial Response, 3. Discover Yourself, 4. Discover Kwledge, 5. Action Learning Exercises, 6. Test Your Mettle, and 7. Personal Skills Log. Shorter, highly-focused chapters take students through each of these seven steps, allowing them to capture the essence and critical points for each topic. The mass of research material has been condensed and focused into discrete learning packages (chapters) designed specifically for student engagement. Organized around a new learning philosophy, with new techlogy and a coherent learning package for students to acquire management skills through an active first do, then learn approach, Daft and Marcic have created a truly unique teaching and learning experience with BUILDING MANAGEMENT SKILLS, International Edition.
- Author BiographyDorothy Marcic, EdD, MPH, is a professor at Columbia University and a former faculty member at Vanderbilt University. Dr. Marcic is also a former Fulbright Scholar at the University of Economics in Prague and the Czech Management Center, where she taught courses and did research in leadership, organizational behavior, and cross-cultural management. She teaches courses at the Monterrey Institute of International Studies and at the University of Economics in Prague, and she has taught courses and given presentations at the Helsinki School of Economics, Slovenia Management Center, College of Trade in Bulgaria, City University of Slovakia, Landegg Institute in Switzerland, the Swedish Management Association, Technion University in Israel, and the London School of Economics. She has served on the boards of the Organizational Teaching Society, the Health Administration Section of the American Public Health Association, and the Journal of Applied Business Research. Dr. Marcic has authored 12 books, including Organizational Behavior: Experiences and Cases, (South-Western Publishing, 6th Edition, 2001), Management International (West Publishing, 1984), Women and Men in Organizations (George Washington University, 1984), and Managing with the Wisdom of Love: Uncovering the Virtue in People and Organizations (Jossey-Bass, 1997), which was rated one of the top 10 business books of 1997 by Management General. In addition, she has had dozens of articles printed in publications such as Journal of Management Development, International Quarterly of Community Health Education, Psychological Reports, and Executive Development. Professor Marcic has conducted hundreds of seminars on various business topics and consulted for executives at various companies. Richard L. Daft, Ph.D., is the Brownlee O. Currey, Jr. Professor of Management and Principal Senior Lecturer in the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University, where he specializes in the study of leadership and organization theory. Dr. Daft is a fellow of the Academy of Management and has served on the editorial boards of Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, and Journal of Management Education. He was associate editor-in-chief of Organization Science and associate editor of Administrative Science Quarterly. Dr. Daft has authored or co-authored 13 books, including The Executive and the Elephant, Organization Theory and Design, and Management. He also has authored dozens of scholarly articles, papers, and chapters, and he has published in the Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management; Accounting, Organizations and Society, Management Science, MIS Quarterly, and Organizational Behavior Teaching Review. Dr. Daft has received several government research grants in organization design, organizational innovation and change, strategy implementation, and organizational information processing. An active teacher and respected consultant, Dr. Daft has served as associate dean and helped manage a start-up enterprise. He has been involved in management development and consulting for numerous organizations, including the American Banking Association, AutoZone, Bridgestone, Vulcan Materials, TVA, Pratt & Whitney, Allstate Insurance, State Farm Insurance, the United States Air Force, the U.S. Army, Central Parking System, USAA, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Author(s)Dorothy Marcic,Richard L. Daft
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1155 g
- Width205 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.