All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a reference book. Although it might conceivably be read in the order in which the subjects appear it was designed to be consulted subject to subject as one uses a dictionary or encyclopedia. To facilitate quick identification and location of building materials, characteristics and problems they are first listed in the table of contents, repeated in the chapter headings and listed in the index. In addition to describing how building materials respond to environmental stresses in terms of their mechanical, electrical, chemical and thermal properties, brief references to their rmal behavior and a comparison of various material characteristics has been included. Most of the information gathered and presented here represents the contemporary developments of ancient building lore. The increasing importance of renewal, rehabilitation, retrofit and restoration is placing added importance on material behavior. A separate and distinct field of building science is emerging as increasingly sophisticated instruments are linked to the growing ability and decreasing costs of computer analysis. This book describes one segment of a new building science-that of building diagsis.
- Author(s)Forrest Wilson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/03/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight706 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.