All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionOrganizations today are facing heightened challenges in their efforts to perform effectively. These challenges are reflected in the failure of many long-standing organizations and the shortened tenure of senior level executives. There is increasing agreement that the unique competitive advantage organizations have today lies in their people, their human resource management practices and their cultures. All other elements of production can be readily obtained, bought or copied. We are w in the era of human capital; to be successful organizations need to unleash the talents of their people. Fortunately we w have considerable understanding of what high performing organizations look like. However, a large gap still exists between what we kw and what managers actually do. With contributions from a team of leading academics and practitioners, Building More Effective Organizations provides an extensive survey of human resource management and the organizational practices associated with the high performance of individuals.
- Author BiographyRonald J. Burke is Professor Emeritus of Organizational Behaviour and Industrial Relations at the Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto. One of Canada's most prolific researchers and writers, Professor Burke's work has focused on the relationship between individual well-being and the work environment. Cary L. Cooper is Professor of Organizational Psychology and Health and Pro-Vice Chancellor (External Relations) at Lancaster University. He is the author of over 100 books and has published a major report for the EU European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Work Conditions on 'Stress Prevention in the Workplace'. Professor Cooper was awarded a CBE for his contribution to organizational health.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/12/2007
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus. 19 tables
- Weight820 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCary L. Cooper,Professor Ronald J. Burke
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.