Building Services Design for Energy Efficient Buildings by Hussam Jouhara, Savvas Tassou, Paul Tymkow, Maria Kolokotroni (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $56.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe role and influence of building services engineers is undergoing rapid change and is pivotal to achieving low-carbon buildings. However, textbooks in the field have largely focused on the detailed technicalities of HVAC systems, often with little wider context. This book addresses that need by embracing a contemporary understanding of energy efficiency imperatives, together with a strategic approach to the key design issues impacting upon carbon performance, in a concise manner. The key conceptual design issues for planning the principal systems that influence energy efficiency are examined in detail. In addition, the following issues are addressed in turn: Background issues for sustainability and the design process Developing a strategic approach to energy-efficient design How to undertake load assessments System comparison and selection Space planning for services Post-occupancy evaluation of completed building services In order to deliver sustainable buildings, a new perspective is needed amongst building and services engineering designers, from the outset of the conceptual design stage and throughout the whole design process. In this book, students and practitioners alike will find the ideal introduction to this new approach.
- Author BiographyPaul Tymkow is Director of Learning and Knowledge at Hoare Lea. He has more than 25 years experience in the area of building services engineering. His present role includes responsibility for learning and knowledge strategies, graduate development and CPD programmes. He has been a visiting lecturer in the School of Engineering and Design at Brunel University since 2005. Savvas Tassou is Professor and Head of School of Engineering and Design at Brunel University. He has over 25 years academic and research experience in the area of building services engineering, energy conservation technologies for the built environment and process industries, the design optimisation of these technologies and their optimum integration and control to minimise energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. His work to date has resulted in over 200 scientific publications. Maria Kolokotroni is Professor of Energy in the Built Environment, Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering and Design, Brunel University. She teaches Ventilation, Low Energy Technologies and Building Performance at post-graduate level and carries out research on UK and European funded research projects in these fields. She has published extensively in scientific journals and presented results to international conferences. She works very closely with industry to transfer research results to application and has contributed to the International Energy Agency research projects. Hussam Jouhara is a lecturer of building services engineering and a member of the Centre for Energy and Built Environment Research (CEBER) at Brunel University. Publications include more than 35 articles in international conference and leading academic journals and one filed patent in the area of efficient heat emitters for use in domestic and industrial central heating systems.
- Author(s)Hussam Jouhara,Maria Kolokotroni,Paul Tymkow,Savvas Tassou
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note36 black & white tables, 60 black & white halftones, 110 black & white line drawings
- Weight674 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $44.21Trending at AU $48.15
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $22.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.