Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.00+ AU $25.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by auang-koklgg9s
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe New York Times Book Review, Top 10 Book of the Year Time Magazine, Top Ten Fiction Book of the Year Publishers Weekly, Best Book of the Year 2013 Lynd Ward Prize, Best Graphic Novel of the Year 4-time 2013 Eisner Award Winner, including Best Publication, Best Writer/Artist and Best Graphic Album Newsday, Top 10 Books of 2012 Entertainment Weekly, Gift Guide, A+ Washington Post, Top 10 Graphic Novels of 2012 Minneapolis Star Tribune, Best Books of the Year Cleveland Plain Dealer, Top 10 Fiction Books of the YearAmazon, Best Books of the Year/Comics Boing Boing, Best Graphic Novel of the Year Time Out New York, Best of 2012 Entertainment Weekly, Best Fiction of 2012 Everything you need to read the new graphic vel Building Stories 14 distinctively discrete Books, Booklets, Magazines, Newspapers, and Pamphlets. With the increasing electronic incorporeality of existence, sometimes it s reassuring perhaps even necessary to have something to hold on to. Thus within this colorful keepsake box the purchaser will find a fully-apportioned variety of reading material ready to address virtually any imaginable artistic or poetic taste, from the corrosive sarcasm of youth to the sickening earnestness of maturity while discovering a protagonist wondering if she ll ever move from the rented close quarters of lonely young adulthood to the mortgaged expanse of love and marriage. Whether you re feeling alone by yourself or alone with someone else, this book is sure to sympathize with the crushing sense of life wasted, opportunities missed and creative dreams dashed which afflict the middle- and upper-class literary public (and which can return to them in somewhat damaged form during REM sleep). A pictographic listing of all 14 items (260 pages total) appears on the back, with suggestions made as to appropriate places to set down, forget or completely lose any number of its contents within the walls of an average well-appointed home. As seen in the pages of The New Yorker, The New York Times and McSweeney s Quarterly Concern, Building Stories collects a decade s worth of work, with dozens of never-before-published pages (i.e., those deemed too obtuse, filthy or just plain incoherent to offer to a respectable periodical).
- Author BiographyCHRIS WARE is widely acknowledged as the most gifted and beloved cartoonist of his generation by both his mother and seven-year-old daughter. His Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth won the Guardian First Book Award and was listed as one of the 100 Best Books of the Decade by The Times (London)in 2009. An irregular contributor to This American Life and The New Yorker ( where some of the pages of this book first appeared) his original drawings have been exhibited in the Whitney Biennial, the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago and in piles behind his work table in Oak Park, Illinois.
- Author(s)Chris Ware
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight2744 g
- Width297 mm
- Height424 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Contained items statementContains Other merchandise and Book and Undefined and Pamphlet
- Edition Statement2nd
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.