Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned from the ground up with a constructivist framework, BUILDING TEACHERS: A CONSTRUCTIVIST APPROACH TO INTRODUCING EDUCATION, 2E, International Edition helps future teachers create their own understanding of education. As the authors address the key topics generally covered in an introductory book, they encourage readers to develop their own understandings by connecting their prior kwledge, experiences, and biases with new experiences to which they will be exposed during the course. Highlights of the new edition include stronger standards integration and expanded material on diversity and techlogy. By interacting with the materials presented, rather than merely memorizing the book's content, readers learn what teaching is all about in an exploratory, inquiring, constructivist-based manner. In turn, they can help the children in their classrooms learn meaningfully.
- Author BiographyKimberly S. Loomis (Ed.D.) is Professor of Science Education at Kennesaw State University where she teaches the introduction to education course as well as educational psychology and science methods courses. Currently, her work is focused on using inquiry teaching in the field of wolf education and in exploring the effective use of informal science education centers and national parks by science learners and teachers. David Jerner Martin (Ph.D.) is Professor Emeritus of Early Childhood Education at Kennesaw State University. A gifted teacher and an outspoken advocate of constructivist-based teaching, he is best known as the author of the pioneering text, ELEMENTARY SCIENCE METHODS: A CONSTRUCTIVIST APPROACH, now in its Sixth Edition. Dr. Martin has consulted on constructivist teaching at home and abroad, and was technical consultant with The Weather Channel for The Weather Classroom. He has received several university awards for distinguished teaching and publications.
- Author(s)David Martin,Kimberly Loomis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1035 g
- Width230 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 2nd Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.