All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Rush takes beginning playwrights through the first draft of a play and deep into the revision process. Drawing on examples from such classics as Othello and The Glass Menagerie, Rush provides detailed models for writers to evaluate their work for weaknesses and focus on the in-depth development of their plays. Rush encourages writers to make sure their plays are clear and focused. He shows how to keep plays dramatically compelling and offers ways to avoid common mistakes that make them dull, confusing, or ineffective. He then distills the essence of traditional revision into key questions and discusses frequently overlooked tools, terms, and strategies that go beyond established methods of evaluation.
- Author BiographyDavid Rush is an associate professor of theatre at Southern Illinois University Carbondale, where he has taught play analysis for over nine years. Named 2002 Playwriting Teacher of the Year by the Association for Theatre in Higher Education, Rush is a Resident Writer Emeritus of the Chicago Dramatists and an ensemble member at the Stage Left Theater in Chicago. He has written over twenty plays and musicals, including Germinous Seeds, Cuttings (2003), Police Deaf Near Far (2000), Dapples & Grays (1994), and Leander Stillwell (1992).
- Author(s)David Rush
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.