All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionProgrammable logic controllers (PLCs) are extensively used in industry to perform automation tasks, with manufacturers offering a variety of PLCs that differ in functions, program memories, and the number of inputs/outputs (I/O). Not surprisingly, the design and implementation of these PLCs have long been a secret of manufacturers. Unveiling the mysteries of PLC techlogy, Building a Programmable Logic Controller with PIC16F648A Microcontroller explains how to design and use a PIC16F648A-microcontroller-based PLC. The author first described a microcontroller-based implementation of a PLC in a series of articles published in Electronics World magazine between 2008 and 2010. This book is based on an improved version of the project, including: * Updates to the hardware configuration, with a smaller CPU board and two I/O extension boards that w support 16 inputs and 16 outputs instead of 8 * An increased clock frequency of 20 MHz * Improvements to several macros * Flowcharts to help you understand the macros (functions) In this book, the author provides detailed explanations of hardware and software structures. He also describes PIC Assembly macros for all basic PLC functions, which are illustrated with numerous examples and flowcharts. An accompanying CD contains source files (.ASM) and object files (.HEX) for all of the examples in the book. It also supplies printed circuit board (PCB) (Gerber and .pdf) files so that you can have the CPU board and I/O extension boards produced by a PCB manufacturer or produce your own boards. Making PLCs more easily accessible, this unique book is written for advanced students, practicing engineers, and hobbyists who want to learn how to build their own microcontroller-based PLC. It assumes some previous kwledge of digital logic design, microcontrollers, and PLCs, as well as familiarity with the PIC16F series of microcontrollers and writing programs using PIC Assembly language within an MPLAB integrated development environment.
- Author BiographyDr. Murat Uzam is a professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Meliksah University in Kayseri, Turkey.
- Author(s)Murat Uzam
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note246 black & white illustrations, 125 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.